Thursday, June 12, 2014

Scoop.it! Take 2


Scoop.it! is a free curation tool that I chose as my technology tool. I am learning to select, collect and archive digital selections. I am able to bookmark topics online. I like being able to share my selections with others in multiple social media tools at the same time.

I was able to install a bookmarklet on my tool bar that allows me to collect information and add it to my curated topic. I also learned that I can follow content topics at the click of a button. I am able to view others topics. These visual pages remind me of a collage of a topic. Scoop.it! saves everything in one location and it's easy to access with quick links. I have been able to input keywords then the program offers me resources to select from or I can search on my own. I realized today that I can only have two topics for free.

This prompted me to investigate the pricing. The pricing to upgrade to the Pro package is $12.99 per month and the Business package is $79.00 per month. There is a discount if you purchase an annual plan. There are different benefits included in each package. You can view the different plan options and sign up for an account at http://www.scoop.it/.


I am currently using the free account. I have created two topics one on hummingbirds and the other on Las Vegas. I am currently on a trip in Las Vegas. I was trying to locate different attractions to put on our list to visit. This Scoop.it! gave us this visual to choose from http://www.scoop.it/t/las-vegas-by-m-cosgrove-1.


  
I haven't purchased a Scoop.it! plan yet. I have decided to wait until I am able to review everyone's wikis. I would like to review all of my options for content storage and sharing. However, I am enjoying using this tool in my daily activities. It will be useful in the classroom as well.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great tool. Something that is useful for specific topics but it sounds like you can have quite a few if you do buy the subscription. Once you select some topics are you stuck with them or can you create different ones with the two free ones that you get? It is awesome that you are able to use this for your vacation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scoop it sounds very interesting, I have never heard of it before. I’m curious if you picked this tool or if you were assigned this tool? If you did pick this tool was it at random or have you used it before? The price seems a high for individual use on a per month basis. Since you have been using this tool would you say it is worth it?

    ReplyDelete