Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wiki Creation

This is my first time using Wiki. I knew that it existed, however, I didn't understand what it could be used for. In the past, I was told to avoid Wiki's, because of inaccuracies. I see this tool in a whole new light. Creating my Wiki has been an exciting experience. I have enjoyed learning how to use this tool and find it very informative. 

At first, I was a little frustrated. I couldn't figure out how to log in, join or edit the Wiki page. However, once that obstacle was overcome, I found Wiki to be extremely user friendly. Everything is at a click of a button. I was able to add links, embed videos, and edit my page. 

In the future, I believe my team work projects will benefit from using Wiki pages. The option to have edits created by multiple users will change the way our team functions. There doesn't need to be long, drawn out emails with explanations of changes. No more printouts with red marks cluttering up the page. Everyone can work on the Wiki to fine tune everything. 

The thing I like best about our class Wiki is being able to view all of our technology tool Wiki pages in one location. I am excited to view everyone's finished pages. This collaboration tool is incredible. I am so excited to share it with others in my organization. I am sold on Wiki pages. I believe it will be a useful organizational tool for my projects as well. 

Another aspect I like is that each student researched and shared a topic. I never could have researched all of these tools on my own in a summer semester. This collaboration has allowed us to learn extensively about other technology tools that may benefit us. This has truly been a team effort. I am grateful to everyone for putting together informational blogs that led to the excitement of Wiki pages creations.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Michell, I also look forward to see your finished wiki page

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with what you have said its a room for collaboration and participation. I believe that everyone is doing his or her own job to share what he or she learn from class. Looking forward to see your own page in the wiki.

    ReplyDelete